What is SMS Marketing Automation? – All You Need to KnowWinback Team on Jul 14, 2021 3:32:26 PM SMS marketing is making promotional and transactional communication for marketing purposes using text messages. These messages are mostly meant to communicate time-sensitive offers, alerts, and updates to people who have acceded to receive these messages from your business. In the modern business world, SMS marketing is a perfect way to stay in touch with your customers despite the advent of various messaging and social media apps. If this sounds too eccentric- don’t worry. This article covers all the terms to give you a better idea of how this SMS marketing automation can reinforce your digital marketing strategy. Source: Netblogtips
How SMS Marketing Impacts as a Form Of Permission-Based Marketing?“Permission-based marketing is like dating, you don’t start by asking for the sale at the very first impression. You earn the trust over time, bit-by-bit”- Permission-based marketing is a privilege, not a right. It is an approach to marketing where you send SMS and provide services when a prospect has explicitly given consent to receive information. It is customer-centric, which means the customer is an active participant in generating the marketing message and not simply a passive recipient. Source: Channel Futures
Why SMS Marketing In 2021?
- Omnipresence Of Mobile Phones – With almost more than half of the population owning mobile phones, SMS is a sure-shot way to reach customers directly. You also include a link in the text where the user can take action post landing. Thus, you can drive engagement for your online business.
- Effective For Emerging Markets – If you are trying to operate a business in countries where data is expensive and Wi-Fi is less common, SMS can be a much better channel to communicate information.
- Greater Engagement Rates – 90% of the messages read within 3 minutes of receiving them. This makes SMS very powerful and helpful in delivering critical information with a high success rate.
- Closes The Email Marketing Loop – SMS and Email marketing have many similarities in their strategy implementation. They work best in tandem. You can use SMS to send notifications instantly, while email contains long-form information.
How Does SMS Marketing Work?Source: G2 SMS Marketing is a technique that uses permission-based text messaging to spread promotional messages. To receive text messages for special offers, new product updates, or product availability information, customers are usually required to opt-in to an automated system by texting an initial shortcode. And when that 5-digit code is sent, the user’s mobile phone number is then stored by the SMS marketing software that is issuing the texts. A confirmation response is usually sent as a receipt for opting in, with an opt-out code included for potential future unsubscribing. There are two forms of messages you can send with SMS marketing – First is Campaigns; these messages are classic “one-to-many” bulk text messages. They are used to communicate promotions (sales) or just general information (weather alerts, event details). The other type is Transactional; these messages are “one-to-one” messages that are triggered by a certain event. The best-suited example is an order confirming or shipping notifications for online purchase. These transactional messages communicate relevant and timely information to an individual.
What Is SMS Marketing Used for?Source: Business 2 Community SMS can be used in many ways. We are adding the most common uses to give a better idea of what you can do with SMS and how it may help you to enhance your business:
1. Increase Overall Engagement And Customer RetentionSending SMS is an excellent way to drive more people to your store or website. If you are going to conduct a limited-time sale, you obviously want as many people who hear about it as possible. SMS is an amazing way to communicate these offers, especially if you want to let customers know what they are on the go. This way, you can be sure that they don’t miss out because they didn’t get the message in time. Similarly, you can get higher visibility as compared to any other platform.
2. Provides Immediate CommunicationA lot of cases require you to communicate urgent information with high accuracy and best-possible open rates. This becomes even more important in the case of transactional messages, and text-based communication is the most dependable way to do so.
3. Urgent Appointment RemindersIf your business runs on scheduled appointment times, then you might be aware that it gets really frustrating if your clients forget appointments times and show up late. It gets worse when clients fail to show up at all. Not only does this throw off your schedule, but it also wastes your time. Sending reminder text messages is the best way of making sure that people don’t forget their appointments and show up at the correct time.
Types Of Automated SMS Marketing CampaignsAutomated SMS campaigns enable you to interact with your customers via text in a predetermined, calibrated manner. SMS campaigns are initiated from your side. You have to create a campaign, pick an audience of recipients, and schedule to send it to the list of individuals you have selected. SMS campaigns are of various types; some are mentioned in detail: 1. Promotional Deals Here, a time-bound, discounted, or value-added offer is communicated to recipients over text. These texts help create a sense of urgency among your customers. The ultimate aim is to drive traffic to your website on targeted pages. 2. Birthday Wish Automation This birthday automation program is the best way to establish personal relations with your customers and earn goodwill. No doubts, you can also include personalized birthday offers, but a simple wish is equally great. 3. Business Bulletins Send business updates through texts to ensure customers, partners, and staff keep them informed of developments or changes that are taking place in your business. 4. Flash Sales If you are planning to run a flash sale, SMS marketing automation can be a powerful way to drive traffic and alert your customers. It helps hype them up while also ensuring high visibility of such events. 5. Pre-Sale Marketing Pre-sales marketing focuses on making customers take impulsive buys when receiving the main marketing material. 6. Coupon Codes These SMS coupon codes are among the best ways to boost traffic for in-store or online purchases. They are also used for welcome offers as a person usually provides us with their contact details in exchange for freebies or discounts.
Benefits Of SMS MarketingLet’s dive into our five best reasons you should start using SMS messaging for your business.
- Improves Communication
- Straight To The Point
- Time Management
SMS Marketing Automation Best PracticesThere are some common characteristics that form the backbone of all successful SMS marketing automation campaigns.
- Obtain Consent
- Provide Your Audience With A Clear Way To Opt-Out
- Blend Personalization Into Your Strategy
- Watch The Frequency Of Your Texts
- Respond In Real-Time & Have A Conversation
Summing UpRemember SMS marketing is the best way to increase customer engagement, revenue for your business and promote loyalty but automating it can get tricky. As people are attached to their mobile phones more than ever, and SMS marketing needs to affect their user behavior and be in line with your brand persona as well. It is also recommended to implement 360-degree integration for best results. But for best results from SMS marketing, you need expert assistance and that’s where Winback makes a difference. Winback makes SMS marketing easy for its customers and offers a variety of cost-effective plans. Hence, signing up for one of Winback’s plans won’t burn a hole in your pocket. In fact, you will receive up to 35X ROI on every dollar you spent on Winback. Also, you can reduce your online store’s cart abandonment rates up to 34% with Winback. Go ahead and drop them a message through the live chat option on Winback’s website or send them an email to discuss how Winback can do wonders for your online store with SMS marketing. We hope this mini-guide adds to your knowledge on leveraging SMS marketing in 2021 and beyond. Topics: SMS Marketing