5 Fastest Shopify Themes in 2022Mara Lam on Jan 7, 2022 7:29:47 AM Fifty-two percent of users will leave your website if it takes longer than three seconds to load. Over the last few years, there have been some amazing free and paid Shopify themes. However, it doesn’t matter how beautiful a theme is: If it doesn’t load quickly, it’ll send a good chunk of your visitors away. This is a problem that many Shopify themes struggle with. In this post, we’ll cover the five fastest Shopify themes and discuss the importance of loading speed.
Why is Shopify theme speed so important?Loading speed is more important than ever in 2022. Websites that take a while to load will lose visitors and have lower conversion rates. Here’s why:
It improves user experienceThe most significant reason why fast-loading websites are crucial is that they optimize the user experience. It doesn’t matter how good your website looks or how compelling your writing is—if visitors have to wait several seconds, you’ll lose out. Imagine you’re selling coffee machines, and someone interested in buying from you clicks your call to action, but it leaves them hanging—you’ll likely lose that sale. Multiplied over a few months, and depending on your website’s traffic, you could be throwing thousands of dollars away. But even if your website copy and design aren’t optimized, if you quickly put people in front of items they want to buy, you’ll increase conversions.
It increases your SEO rankingsUsing a fast Shopify theme also allows you to improve your rankings. Google’s primary goal is to give its users the best possible experience. It does this by presenting relevant and valuable information when people type in search queries. But will Google want to send users to a site that takes forever to load and has a high bounce rate as a result? Even if your content is helpful, people aren’t willing to wait. But what is the fastest Shopify theme? Well, we’ve conducted several Shopify theme speed tests, and here are our five picks.
1. BoosterBooster is one of the fastest-loading Shopify themes available. It does a fantastic job of being fast while giving you a wide variety of design options. It enables you to:
- Upsell products at checkout
- Promote specials
- Cross-sell similar products
2. TurboAs the name suggests, Turbo is another Shopify theme that emphasizes speed. However, Turbo is unique because it offers features that most Shopify themes don’t have. Some of these include:
- Convenient sidebar shortcuts
- Easy product sorting
- Full-width banners
3. ShoptimizedShoptimized offers mobile- and desktop-optimized features that are perfect for websites selling high-ticket items. It’s super easy to install, and you’ll notice that it’s flexible, so you can add widgets and change anything you don’t like about the theme. Shoptimized is founded around three core marketing principles that allow its users to increase conversions: social proof, scarcity, and authority. When implemented correctly, it pays dividends over time.
4. FlexThe Flex Shopify theme is reminiscent of Turbo. Not only is it fast, but it offers many templates that you can customize to whatever you’re selling. It’s easy to use, so you can change font size, spacing, margins, animation, and more with a click of a few buttons. However, our favorite Flex feature is its extensive list of icons. You can add cart buttons, announcement bars, featured promotions, and icon bars by simply dragging and dropping items. Another standout feature is its SEO capabilities. Flex is developed with SEO in mind, so you’ll rank higher than those using a different theme.
5. ShellaShella is one of the most responsive Shopify themes available. The section builder makes it exciting to design a website because the interface is easy to navigate. Shella is famous for its unique slider feature. The slider allows you to add slideshows to your website to compellingly showcase your product or service. Although many themes offer this feature, it often takes a long time to load, and this causes visitors to bounce.
Optimize your Website with Lightning-Fast TemplatesUsing lightning-fast Shopify themes allows you to create a user-friendly website that boosts your SEO score and conversions. By using these five Shopify themes, you’ll ensure your website doesn’t only load quickly but is customized to the product or service you’re selling. If you’re looking to increase eCommerce sales by recovering abandoned carts, consider signing up for a free Winback trial.